Monday, August 3, 2009

Soooorry about not posting

Pig's blood cake... It's made of churned pig's blood, so far as I can tell. I worry about Pig HIV or something so I never touch this stuff. It's gross to me, but the Taiwanese looove it.
Squid on a stick. Squid is amazing and doesn't taste fishy or leave a nasty aftertaste in my mouth. April's mom has also fed me shark, which is very expensive, and tastes just like (you guessed it) chicken!
Green onion pancakes... Don't know what else to say about it. It's crispy and yummy.
What Taiwan is most known for internationally, Milk Tea and Bubble Milk Tea. This is Bubble Milk tea... The "bubbles" are tapioca pearls. It's delicious but I prefer it without the pearls.
Taiwanese style deep fried chicken. Taiwan street vendors all have their own style, actually, and they'll deep fry just about anything you can dream up... I've had deep fried octopus on more than one occasion.

I'm sorry I'm lagging behind in posts but I am letting my new lifestyle catch up to me finally.

So here are some points that I'll just list:
  • Rent is due and I'm happy to pay but the landlord hasn't come by to collect
  • I had my second day at work today and it went very well! I think my assistant was pleased too, and the kids definitely responded to me
  • I tried the Spicy Chicken Big Mac at McDonald's, and it is proof that God is both real and overweight
  • For the first time in my life, I put my pants on backwards today
  • I've been sleeping in a little bit later but my bedtime is about the same
  • I started tutoring a law secretary and her sister, a businesswoman (at different times). The amount they will pay per month is enough to cover rent or pay for all my food and transportation costs.
  • I also have been presented with additional editing jobs that I've been checking into to see if they are a viable source of supplementary income
  • This month marks 2 and 3/4 years that April and I have been together
  • I'm getting used to ordering food here again, but I still am learning about more and more things to try. I'm not a huge fan of some seafood, which is a problem since they have so much here, but other foods are great
  • My remote control's batteries died so I haven't watched TV in a long time. I really need to get around to replacing it, but I planned to buy some rechargeable batteries and a charger for my wiimotes too, so I figure I'll wait a little while longer until I have some more cash
  • I washed my bedsheet today
  • I tutor April's sister again on Wednesday
  • I watched the Watchmen and some other films recently. I really liked the Watchmen, overall. It brought back lots of memories from the graphic novel. Also, Scooby Doo 2 is one of the greatest films of all time
I think that's about it for now. I didn't want to write all that in paragraph form and try to make it all flow together. Anyway, sorry about the delay, hope you keep watching my blog, and take care.

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures of the food--it brought back memories of our trip to see you. I'd love to try the green onion pancakes! It sounds like things are going pretty well, this week you should really start into the teaching schedule, right? Oh, and I beg to disagree, Scooby Doo 2 is not one of the greatest films of all time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, dad, I appreciate your (Wrong) comment regarding Scooby Doo 2. The green onion pancakes are pretty good.

    ReplyDelete