Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sorry for dropping the ball




The last few days have been... interesting.

To start with, a few days ago I locked myself out of my room when I went to use my bathroom. I happened to be wearing my boxers and a T-shirt at the time, so this caused a little panic inside of me. As soon as I walked out the door I heard that click and realized what had happened... I thought to myself "Well, I'll just enjoy this poop, and then I'll deal with the consequences." About 20 minutes later, I grabbed a metal desk from the kitchen and a mop and tried to hoist myself far enough through the window so that I might be able to use said mop to lift up my pants and bring them close enough to my face to snag my jeans. Because of the width of the window, I was only able to use one arm and it was nearly impossible.
I called April and she came over, annoyed but amused, with her camera to capture the memorable event on digital film forever. She got the idea to take out the window entirely to give myself more room, and then she grabbed a hanger that fit snuggly in the little loop of the mop. In only one effort, then, I was able to pick up my jean shorts and get the keys.

Until today I have been waking up at about 6 am every morning, but I have been going to bed at normal times (12ish). Life here has been nice and comfortable. I went to the hospital a few days ago (did I already post about that?) and the last few days I've been catching up on some American TV and going for lots of short walks. I hung out with my friend KJ a few days ago but he left his laptop charger and hat here. April and I mailed it to him this morning. He's away on his military service now, but I'll probably see him in a week or so.

Well, I start training in a few days. I thought it might be today but another new teacher is arriving tomorrow so it messed up my boss's schedule for the next few days because, unfortunately, this fellow does NOT have a Taiwanese girlfriend to take him around.

I've gotten used to this bed. These beds look comfortable enough but when you lay on one you will realize it actually feels more like a plank of wood than a bed of any kind you've ever encountered before. Oh, I'm kidding, that' unfair. It's quite comfy once you get used to it, but it'll never replace my soft, all-American, patriotic, red, white, and blue bed. Incidentally, red, white, and blue are the flag colors here as well.

Well I could go on about more stuff but I am not remembering too much right now. So that's all for now!

1 comment:

  1. What an unfortunate (but hilarious) incident : ]. And a very innovative solution as well. And, I assure you, the bed you use can not be worse than a ten (ish) year old mattress with the springs sticking through, which is what I am currently sitting and typing on. Have fun in Taiwan!

    -Chad

    chasm-of-chad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete