Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Drinking: Briefly Revisited


I told myself I wouldn't drink this year except on perhaps special occasions, and I wouldn't ever get drunk. This decision wasn't made because I did anything particularly stupid while drunk, or because I don't like drinking. Frankly, it's just an expensive, not particularly healthy habit to have, so I've kicked it. Yet, I was faced with a difficult reality today which turned this decision (temporarily) on its backside.

Taiwan Beer (aptly named) is a fantastic pale ale, and is ridiculously cheap to boot. So, and this goes out to gents such as Josh, Carl, Erik, and Austin, what if I were to tell you that there are now TWO MORE FLAVORS?

That's right, Taiwan beer is selling its same enormous size of bottles of beer in two brand new flavors; Taiwan Black and Taiwan Red. I don't plan on getting drunk, but, to quote Boromir, "One does not simply walk into Mordor". I'm going to have to proceed with caution, because, as those of you who are familiar with Taiwan beer will remember, the bottles are gigantic (maybe more than 40 oz.) and there are two new beers to sample. 80+ oz is a lot of peeing for someone who hasn't had a drink in months.

I'm definitely going to pick a couple up tomorrow, however, and take some pictures for the guys to drool at. I'm really quite excited about this, and I sure hope it isn't a disappointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment