Saturday, July 4, 2009

Quick Update

The daddy of this baby made me NOT the first foreigner ever on the new MRT line. Kind of ruined my day. On the plus side, his kids were cute little half-asian babies. You can't see the other one in this picture, but she's adorable.
Me and Ape up to our shenanigans as usual.
The chart for the new MRT line!
Xihu MRT Station! This is right in my backyard, basically.

Update:
I went to the hospital yesterday, got my health check back. No diseases! And I'm overall pretty healthy, so that's good.

Today I went into work to conclude training. They hoped I could start on Tuesday, but I won't have my work license, and they won't force me to work given the risk of deportation. However, I will come into work again on Tuesday to give a demo lesson to my boss to make sure I'm on the right track.

Today April and I took the new MRT, which was fun. There were some delays, but it is day one so we'll give them the benefit of the doubt. The MRT Station is really beautiful and cozy. It cuts my trip to work into half and is about the same price as taking the bus. Instead of 25 minutes it takes 15 minutes to get to Donghu now from my neighborhood in Xihu.

April is cooking something she calls "egg rolls" for me right now but it is not quite what you're used to imagining when you hear those words. Nonetheless it looks good! http://www.flickr.com/photos/73615236@N00/161009678/ You can see a pic there.
Her mom also gave me some meat and veggies which I am gulping up. Free food is great!

Anyway, that's about it. I watched Alvin and the Chipmunks the live action movie. It wasn't as excruciating as I thought it'd be, actually, which is about the highest praise I could ever give it. The music was catchy. The story was... well it wasn't Alien Apocalypse bad by any means.

Take care everyone, I'll update again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment