Thursday, July 2, 2009

Training Day

Today was a good day!

I can tell I have a lot of potential to do well at my new job after going through training today. The hours are at a convenient time, and although I work 20 hours a week, i literally get a 10 minute break every hour.

I watched a training video today and went through a lot of demonstrations and was told basically how the curriculum would be for my classes. My kids are also in the "cute" age, ranging mostly from 1st-3rd grade. I watched a few classes for a while today and, man, they are more adorable than I imagined, and they don't seem nearly as evil as I was made to believe they would be, except when the Taiwanese teacher took over for a minute.

I'm really looking forward to starting now. I've been offered the chance to start my third graders off next week, but it technically woulding be "legal" because we're still waiting on my work license. So, I'm not sure if I'm going to take them up on that.

The MRT opens on Saturday, the next day I need to swing by my school to drop off the last of the paperwork. Anyway, that's it. April's on the train to come back from Green Island right now, and it's apparently a 7 hour train ride. I assumed it was much shorter because they left for this vacation at 10 pm a few days ago. Arriving at 5 am would be a pain, I'd think, but then again she's always up about that late anyway.

That's about all I have to report for now. I'll keep you posted as things occur.

No comments:

Post a Comment