Saturday, July 18, 2009

Miramar


Today I went to a humongous mall that is about 10 minutes (or 1 MRT stop) from me on foot. The mall is called Miramar. The building I went into was mostly just clothing, and probably none of it fit me. I was quite bemused to notice, however, that even the mannequins had ABS (Asian Butt Syndrome) and lacked any booty to speak of.

There was also a little Merry-Go-Round, a magic show, and the second biggest Ferris Wheel in all of Asia, all on the top of the building. Near the MRT there was a street dance competition. Pretty cool, but not nearly as impressive as the one I witnessed at TKU a couple years ago.

I did all this with some friends, one of which went to the US last year. Regrettably, April couldn't come with us. I promised April I wouldn't go on that Ferris Wheel without her, and I'm going to keep that promise. It looks like a lot of fun but dang it moves slow.

The last few days prior have been relatively uneventful. I have been trying to spend less on food recently, and it's resulted in me losing about 5 KG (or 11 lbs) since coming here, so that's pretty cool. I don't feel particularly unenergetic or unhealthy, so long as I stick to fruit, toast, and a bacon, egg, veggie sandwich.

Things have been pretty good here overall. This coming week MAY be the week I start work, but more likely it'll be early next week. We shall see.

Anyway, that's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment