Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Earthquake

Maybe some of you have heard about the earthquake that occurred here a couple nights ago. Let me assure you, I'm fine.
The earthquake was a big one, at a 6.3 on the Richter Scale. That's the equivalent of about two nuclear bombs, so we're told. But there was very little damage (quite unlike the situation if two nukes went off).
Anyway, I was woken up by the earthquake a few nights ago. I'm on the 7th floor but I could feel it very very plainly. It shook everything, but nothing fell over or anything, except a plastic glass half-full with boiled tap water.

Anyway, don't worry about that. Earthquakes generally aren't very serious here. There have been only a couple cases where there have been causalities, and it's basically never in the Taipei area.

No comments:

Post a Comment