Thursday, July 9, 2009

Yesterday

I'll try to be brief.

Yesterday I spent the grand majority of my day at April's place being treated to food by her parents, and later on, her aunt. April's mom told April she can tell that I'm very mature and responsible, and her father definitely likes me for whatever reason as well. Her aunt also likes me, but mostly because she enjoys practicing her English, which is adorable.

Speaking of practicing English, I originally went over there to teach Mandy, April's sister, and have a little homemade crab rangoon. April did a lovely job making it but it took her two tries to get it quite right.

After a lot of Sake with April's dad, I headed back to organize things in my room and just relax, because it was a long day indeed and they fed me sooo much food I felt like I would pop.

On another note, I did get that job with Duban. It's pretty easy, it takes only 20-40 minutes a day, 5 days a week, and the pay is 3000 NTD per month (about 100 USD). April's mom is also paying me 3000 NTD per month to teach Mandy. With these two oddjobs combined I can totally pay for my food and electricity each month in the future.

It's worth mentioning that the main reason I took the job with Duban isn't the money or the hours, but in fact it may lead to other opportunities with them that pay more and are more suited to my busy schedule. I'll let you know if and when that happens.

Tonight I will meet April and finally get her to myself for the first time this week, but today I will continue to clean and go out for a walk if it isn't too hot. I know I owe everybody some pictures, I'll have April bring her camera over tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment